Saturday, February 12, 2011

Diet soda, lemon cake and a 5K

I weighed in on Monday and was ecstatic to see I had lost 3 1/2 pounds this week!!! That brings my total to 12 1/2. I weigh less now than I have in a long while. I have a tremendously long way to go, but it is progress and I am pleased.

Everything else with the diet is going well. Except for the pop thing. I saw this week that drinking diet soda regularly makes a person much more likely to have heart problems. With my family history and my bad cholesterol, I really don't need even one more thing to add to the list. But I can't stand the thought of not having it. This is something I am going to have trouble with. I've had a few of them today, as a matter of fact. But, right now, I am drinking a glass of water.

I went to a Valentine's Dinner tonight at church, which was catered and consisted of a lot of good food. But, I tried to keep my portions small, drank water, and even skipped the cake. They had lemon, which sounded and looked amazing!! I'll imagine it was :)  I came home and had a fat-free banana split flavored yogurt. Not quite the same, but still yummy.

I did day 2 of Week 6 in the Couch to 5k program and am pleased with my progress. Tomorrow, I will finish up the week and will be running with no walking breaks from here on out. I never thought I could do that. And, with the help and support of my coworkers, I am thinking about doing a 5k in March. Very excited about this. I am going to try to practice this running business outside soon though, because I am sure it feels differently than running on a treadmill. To be honest, I am afraid it's going to be much harder and I am afraid I can't do it. But I'm hoping it will turn out to be easier. I will let you know :)

Thanks for reading! :)
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment