Saturday, February 19, 2011

3 minutes, forgetfulness, and the dress

I tried it. Wednesday I decided to try running outside to see if it was doable. I had hopes it was easier than a treadmill, but was afraid it was harder. I was right. It was torture! I did a 5 minute warm-up walk and then ran for 3 minutes before I had to stop. Any more and neighbors would have found me in need of medical attention right there on their lawn. Three minutes!! On my treadmill I can do 25. What is the difference??

If anyone has a tip or suggestion or thoughts on what might be wrong, please share! I'm a little discouraged about it. Hoping it's just something psychological or because it was cold out, or because I put my left shoe on first instead of my right one... anything fixable. I had, okay still have, high hopes that I will be able to participate in a 5K in March, and I'm pretty sure these things are outside, so I need to improve quickly.

I lost a pound and a half when I weighed in on Monday. YAY for that! I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for more. But it's good. It's still progress. There is just so much still to lose. I'm not giving up though. I am moving forward and loving that I am getting closer. I even have downsized into a pair of jeans I put away at Christmas because they were so tight and uncomfortable. Now they fit. Yay again :)

I somehow forgot to take my thyroid  medicine Sunday =(  But the other days were fine, and, after a reminder, I even called to get it refilled (this is where I always have stopped taking it because I forget to get more). I'm sure I'm back on track.

Now to a less serious issue, but a time of honesty. I know my theme word for the year, "Health," is why I am making changes, but as I've said before, the idea of being thinner and fit doesn't sound too crummy. It sounds awesome, actually. In line with that, I have a goal of sorts for the summer.

I haven't worn a dress or skirt in years, not counting the floor-length denim number I have worn about as many times as I can count on one hand. I hate the way my legs look when I am reasonably happy with my weight, so throw on some extra pounds and I'm hiding them. No one will see them.

When I feel the breeze of spring and sunny days become more and more frequent, I silently wish so much that I could put on a cute, knee-length sundress with an adorable pair of sandals and feel, well,  adorable. But I don't. I stick to my long capris or jeans. I really want this summer to be different. I know this probably sounds superficial and unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but I really do want this. So, wish me luck as I keep working at it...

Thanks for reading!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment