Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cupcakes, thanks and ...What?

I lost another pound and a half this past Monday! :)  Consistency is good, right? It's going to take a while to get to where I want to be, but as long as there is progress, I am pleased :)

I was in third &Ninth Deli in Huntington last week, and then again this past week (eating half a turkey sandwich with a fruit cup and some carrots and celery from the kid's menu) when I saw the Paula Vega cupcake counter. Wow! Those things looked amazing!! I survived my first trip there without getting one, but on the second trip, I decided I would be kind and get one for my husband and one for my son. Noah's not a big cake eater, but he does like icing sometimes. I would be lying if I wasn't secretly hoping he would turn it down and then I would be forced to eat it so that it wouldn't be wasted ;)  That's exactly what happened. But then I couldn't bring myself to eat it. I took the thinnest sliver ever just to taste it, and could have smushed it back together and you wouldn't have even been able to tell I did it :)  It was a delicious morsel :) 

In light of that, I decided to make a goal-reward for myself. When I lose 10 percent of my original self, I will allow myself to get a cupcake of my very own and eat every single crumb! I am already thinking about what flavor I want! I'm thinking one with raspberry filling. Yum!! I decided, though, that I should make sure it's10 percent and an additional pound to compensate for the damage the cupcake will do. Including the extra pound, I have 3 more pounds to go. I weigh in again tomorrow and I am hopeful to be a little closer. We'll see... :)

Medicine is going well... Haven't forgotten any this week :)

I have finished day 2 of week 8 in the Couch to 5K program!! I am so close!! It's a nine week program, with 3 days of training each week, so I have 4 more workouts to go!! Yay :) It certainly won't be finished then though. I have so much to do, going longer distances, as right now I should more accurately describe my training success as the Couch to 2 1/2 K program :(  But I'm getting there.

Thanks so much for everyone who has emailed or Facebooked or told me some tips on how to progress in all of this. I was so super discouraged after trying it outside, and your tips helped tremendously. I haven't attempted it again yet, but I will. I must.

One last thing before I go - I was checking email from my Gmail account, and there are ads along the top of the screen, or the bottom of the email, tailored to a topic it thinks I would be interested in. Due to my emails and posts about running, there was one at the bottom that said, no lie, "Runners Diarrhea? We can help!"

Of course I had to Google it to see if it was a for-real problem ... I'm officially scared ...

No comments:

Post a Comment