Thursday, January 6, 2011

Salads, treadmills, and a football :)

Four days later and I'm still doing it!! Yay!

I am (mostly) successfully still sticking to my resolution/theme words for 2011 - "health" and "others."

Day one, I started off simple, trading my usual Coke for water during the morning at work. I ate oatmeal for breakfast and traded chips for pretzels during lunch.

Since then I have had a lot of salads and fruit and skipped the drive thrus. I am ashamed to admit it, but just about every day that I worked, I have had fast food, not once, but twice. Breakfast and lunch, not only filling my body with cholesterol and calories, but wasting a chunk of money too. This week - so far anyway - no fast food!!

Oh... and I almost forgot! Yesterday I even exercised! I started the Couch to 5k Program and did a
combination of walking and jogging on the treadmill. I was exhausted, and a little concerned that I could have a stroke, but I survived!! Yay :)

I have also successfully taken my thyroid medication 4 days in a row! 24 more days and it's a habit, right? :)

As for the "helping others" thing - I'm kinda stinking at that. I don't understand it. As a general rule, I think and pray about how to help other people often, and now that it is a focus of mine, it is harder and harder :(

Day one - I bought a kid a football. Sounds good, right? Except that I had ran over his football to start with   : (   So I guess that one could be looked at as a little selfish becuase I was feeling so bad about it. Thursday, on my way home from work, a football practically fell from the sky, and I tried to dodge it, I really did, but my reaction time stinks and I ran over it... twice :(

Day two, I took the football to the boy's house ( I know there is no way that should count...)

Day three, I gave a friend some flowers to cheer her up, but I don't think that should count either, because I would have done that anyway.

Today I cut it close. I had gone all day without doing anything nice, or even thinking about doing anything nice, and my time was running out. Late this evening I got a text from a friend who needed a little financial help for someone else, so  I got it in just in time :)

So, now you are officially updated.

It hasn't been super easy. Even today, I went to the grocery store after work for dinner stuff, and Noah wanted cheese for dinner, so I went to the deli and picked up some provolone and colby for him. Everything in me wanted to rip open those bags and eat every last morsel of cheese myself before I even got to the register, but I controlled myself. :) I picked up some frozen cheese ravioli with marinara sauce with a modest 3 grams of fat per serving :)

More updates to come... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment