Friday, January 21, 2011

Progress, confession and fat free cheese...

I'll start positively... : )  Progress- I weighed in on Monday (after two full weeks of eating healthier and exercising) and have lost a total of 6 pounds!! The total for week #2 was 4 1/2 pounds. Yay!! It is getting a little easer too. I am not wanting food as often as I have in the past. I have used food to solve a lot of my problems over the years (wow... It's like I jumped right into the confession portion of the blog... I'll go with it) If I'm happy, I like to eat. If I am sad, I need to eat. If I am bored, eating gets my attention. I have tried to be more alert when it comes to why I want food. Big step for me!

I'm not sure if this is a progress or a confession, but I have continued to take my thyroid medication daily, except for one day that I forgot it. Either way, much better.

I sucessfully began week #3 of the Couch to 5k program! Wednesday was Day 1 of Week 3 and it was rough. I had to run and walk, at times in 3-minute increments... I survived. Yay!

Oh, and I have, so far, successfully avoided a fabulous-looking box of chocolate-covered Krispy Kreme donuts. I ordered them at work from a fundraiser, with the intent of Shawn and Noah eating them, but there are still some left. I will admit I cut one-fourth of one off and gobbled it up, but it could have been so much worse. Way to go on self-control, right? :)

As for my other word... "others." I am still doing terribly at that. I haven't focused on that nearly as much as I need to and I need to do better. Finally, Noah and I decided we could buy a jump rope for Johnny, a kid we sponsor from World Vision, and send it to him. Some progress there, but I haven't written him yet or mailed the jump rope, so there is still work to do :) 

However, here is a big confession. We have sponsored Johnny for 3 years. We picked a kid with Noah's exact birthday, who also likes soccer and is an only child. Noah says he is his brother from Columbia. I had such grand plans of corresponding with Johnny every month, sending him little gifts and pictures and words of love. In three years, I am sad to say we have only done this about three times : (  We have prayed for Johnny twice a day since we got his name... once in the morning before school and once in the evening before bed. I must vow to do better... I feel bad.

On a completely different note... Fat-free cheese is terrible. Yuck.

Thanks for reading and I will update soon :)
Jen

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with the fat free cheese...it's gross!!! However, 2% isn't that bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a cheese lover I concur! go with the 2%

    ReplyDelete