Monday, October 8, 2012

Old pizza

Yesterday we had pizza for dinner... Again. After dinner I started to put the leftover pizza, box and all, in the refrigerator, when I realized I had no room in there because of two other pizza boxes. (I know- there are several things wrong with this - But stay focused :)

No kidding, for a minute I considered just leaving the new, fresh pizza leftovers on the counter to be thrown away because the old, hard moldy pizza in the fridge was taking up all the room. 

Then it hit me that I was kind of doing the same thing with my thoughts. Over the last few weeks I have had some nasty leftovers of fear, frustration, a little anger, and some sadness filling up my mind. That left little room for good stuff like thankfulness, happiness, fun, and smiles. 

Philippians 4:8 (the Message version) says "Summimg it up friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse."

I think there's truth in that. So today I'm making a real effort to declutter. I will think good thoughts, and try focussing on what I can do for other people. At least for today :)

And, in case you are wondering, I did take the gross pizza out of the fridge :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are blogging again Jennifer! And I truly needed this message today. Thanks for sharing!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete